I gave a talk about the hack that is Xspice during the last awesome-if-you-aren’t-distracted-by-a-pending-talk-or-second-guessing-a-given-talk FOSDEM.
- homework should include debunking assumption that the W thing is probably just a fad that is going away.
- practicing to not talk fast doesn’t always work.
- spice is not the greatest thing since sliced bread.
More positive lessons learned:
- Wspice would be more interesting to the X-turning-W crowd, and in general for the future.
- Perhaps rendering at the server and that’s it for 3D is a good idea.